October 31, 2008

Fall Hope

Three challenges in one card! Thing about these challenges, they encourage me to try things I might not otherwise think to try. I'm sure I will come up with some non-challenge cards but since I am having so much fun doing hope leaf these, I am in no hurry. Now I just have to get around to posting them to the right galleries, not just here.

The Limited Supply Challenge 191 was: Use a leaf image as a focal point and use pink for breast cancer week. I hope coral is close enough to pink. Ways to Use it 189: Choose one word as a sentiment, in recognition of Breast cancer week, make it something inspirational like courage, soar etc. The last challenge was for a sketch challenge SFYTT at I heart 2 stamp (see link on sidebar). I love using these little words, I know I used mine more than once but the challenge was to choose one word, it didn't say you couldn't use it repeatedly! It also helped offset my crooked stamping. I would have stamped first and used the Coluzzle to cut it out after, except I was using a scrap and cut the oval out first.

The card base is Cameo Coral  stamped with a little leaf, I forget which set it is from, in the same ink. The squares are a retired SU! designer paper matted with chocolate chip CS. The oval is confetti white CS edged with chocolate chip ink. The leaf is from Natural Beauty stamped in Staz-On ink and watercoloured in with Ruby Red, Cameo Coral and Chocolate Chip. The ribbon is threaded with a buckle from Copper Hodge Podge Hardware.

No comments: