October 30, 2008

Glitter Snow People

How PC is that, snow people?? HE he he. This stamp was perfectly suited to Sketch Challenge 198 featuring a perfect half circle. I looked through the photos in the gallery and I wasn't the only one to use this stamp set, no surprise. I have never used a layout anything like this one before but it may become a favourite.

snowpeople

I started out with cool Caribbean for the card's base stamped with a snowflake wheel in Versamark ink. I would have used the same colour ink but I didn't buy that one. When I placed the soft sky cardstock next to the Caribbean, it looked kind of dull so I decided to jazz it up with iridescent ice embossing powder. I coated the cardstock with Versamark and heat set the powder on both the cardstock strip and the circle layer behind the focal image. I am really glad I did because it really changes the card and adds a lot to it. I stamped the image on a scrap of Whisper White CS with Ranger Adirondack black ink and coloured it with Copics. I used the palest, icy-est' colours I had, then added Stickles frosted lace over the snow people. It was the first time I had used it since I just bought it at the Creativ festival this past weekend.

snowpeople copics

Note to self: next time try very hard not to get Stickles on water based ink because some of my snow people's faces are unfortunately blurry. Perhaps they are melting! Next time that will mean not getting any on their faces I suppose. The circle in the centre was punched with a 1 3/8"circle punch and stamped with Versamark to which I added heat 'n' stick powder. I used it once before but didn't like it only to find I wasn't using it properly. I stuck it in dazzling diamonds glitter. Note to self: iridescent ice and dazzling diamonds are pretty much the same thing, one just melts and the other doesn't! OH, and the dazzling diamonds comes off of the heat 'n' stick powder too easily! I finished the centre of with a snowflake from my stash and silver ribbon. The ribbon actually disguises how dumb I am to have placed the stamp to close to the edge of the cardstock so there is a seam in the paper under there. I really like it though and I would never have put it there otherwise. I love it when a goof creates something beautiful. Such is art!

No comments: