October 29, 2008

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty

In honour of Breast Cancer Week, yes, my cat is pink. I usually make him an orange tabby in honour of my kitty, Ginger, {recently departed:(}  but I dared to be different. Funny thing, with the piggy card in my last post, I wished he was peachier, here I wish I had had used RV markers so he matched the paper better though he is closer IRL than he looks in the photo. OH well, I am still learning with these markers. The stamp is from a little known company called Eat Cake Graphics. According to the little story that goes with the image, the cat is not about to eat the mouse, rather they are pals just hangin' out. Too Cute! They have over 600 stamp images; quite a few have stories so you just have to check them out! They also have some great colouring tutorials.

pink cat

Colour Challenge 189 Pink Chocolate Kisses and Weekend Sketch Challenge 63. The base card is 4.25x5.5" Pink Pirouette - my new favourite colour! -  with a panel of Close to Cocoa designer paper from SU! The pink and ivory dotted strip of paper is from Anna Griffin and the ribbon below that is from my stash. I wish the cocoa paper didn't show through but I didn't know until I had placed it and since it is adhesive ribbon, there was no going back! The ribbon holding on the tag is 1/8" pink satin also from my stash punched with the word window punch in Close to Cocoa hole-punched with the Big Bite of course. The tag is shorter than normal because I punched it, then fed it back into the punch from the bottom forcing one end of the tag through the hole and between the punching plates. I held the tag still with one hand and punched again with the other. I actually used tweezers to help me hold it. I stamped 'Hugs'  from the same set as last post, in Chocolate chip ink , see how inspired I was?? The flower is from Prima and the embellishment in the centre from Stamping Bella, a Canadian Company in my neck of the woods! She calls these Baubles. It looks like a pearl but it is more like some embellishments I have seen others use called Dew Drops, only the Baubles, at least the colour I have, are semi-opaque. They are also not perfectly half circle like  pearls, again, more like the shape of a dew drop. She does mail order and the dollar is in the favour of Americans right now so visit her site. One last thing, I made my own version of  a 'prima' leaf out of Old Olive CS just to satisfy the colour challenge of Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette and Kiwi Kiss or Old Olive. Check out the instructions here. I forgot the last bit about using an embosser so mine isn't as rounded as hers are. Hope you appreciate having the Copic  colours this time, even though I wasn't happy with them! I know, a few of you who are particularly observant and picky have noticed that I have used whisper white paper for my stamped image with pink and IVORY dotted paper and pink, IVORY and brown striped ribbon. I am not sure what to do about this. I prefer colouring with Copics on white because ivory paper muddies the colours. On a blog I read (sorry, I don't remember which one) the artist coloured the entire back ground with an ivory E marker. That seems like a lot of work. If anyone has a suggestion, feel free to leave me a comment.

pink cat copics

No comments: