October 27, 2008

You Cured Yet??

I made this little piggy card for a couple of Challenges on Splitcoast Stampers. I am really enjoying making cards for challenges. So often I sit down to make a card and unless I have an urgent need for something specific, I am at a loss. Not that I get a lot of time to sit down and craft with two little boys, Jameson age 7 3/4 and Spencer 17 months. This really inspires me and strangely enough, I have gone back to supplies and techniques I haven't used in ages. Sketch Challenge 199 and Limited Supply Challenge 190 called Single Blue Eye! The goal of the latter was to use one (single) patterned paper and ribbon, the colour blue and no embellishments other than eyelets. Since I tend to go with fewer embellishments and layers, this suited me just fine. I love other artist's work with multiple layers so I am trying this out myself, just not with this card.

cured yet

The card base is Bashful Blue 4.25x5.5" with a retired SU! Designer Paper for the panel on the left. The yellow panel is So Saffron and I'm not sure if you can see it well but I stamped 'Hugs' from the fancy Flexible Phrases set several times along the bottom because it just looked too plain otherwise. I am loving the effect so I will use this as a border on other cards. I always felt guilty that I didn't use this set much so I am glad to now be inspired by it. The edges of the saffron panel were distressed with my Heidi Swapp distressing tool. It is the little one that looks like a pink  pacman! You can see it in the bottom right of this page. LOL! It is so easy to use and I get quick results without ruining my fingernails.  The piggy from Farm Fever set was stamped with black Ranger Adirondack Ink on whisper white CS and coloured with Copics. I was happier with the results this time, could I possibly be getting better at this? WOOHOO! Originally, I coloured the pig with RV markers and I wasn't happy, he looked too perfect and clean, not very pig-like. So I tested my colours first, not wanting to make it worse but I likes it so I coloured over with a YR marker (sorry,I didn't make note of the colour numbers, I will for the next post) and it made him more peach and less perfect looking. I edges the white panel with chocolate chip ink to grunge it up a bit more. I used my BRAND NEW Crop-a-dile Big Bite to set the eyelets in the corners of the white piggy panel; that thing is awesome! The punch went through the lower left 4 layers like it was tissue paper. Last step, add the ribbon. Now I have a card in my stash for the next time someone is feeling crappy. Usually, by the time I get to making a card, especially one with colouring, they are feeling better. Come one, I know it has happened to you, be honest! Be sure to subscribe to email updates from Feedblitz to be notified of my future postings! Sorry for the less than stellar photography. I am taking the photos with my iPhone so they could be better but I think you get the idea.

No comments: