November 28, 2008

All My Thanks Card

This is one in a series of cards I am making for my sister's roommate who just got married. This is a called a tenall my thankst fold card I believe. Either way, it is a fun and easy fold to do. I started with a perfect plum 4.25" by 8.5" card folded in half with the fold at the top. I stamped Baroque border in Versamark and embossed with gold EP. I stamped French Script in mellow moss on mellow moss CS and edged it with gold marker.

I have a special technique for edging CS. The marker has a chisel felt tip. Take a scrap piece of CS or thin chipboard and gouge out a groove in the tip.  Hold the CS in the air and flex it so it will stay stiff. Align the groove with the edge of the cardstock; it will ride along the edge as you slide the marker down the paper. This gives you a nice even gold edge. TIP: hold the marker at a 45 degree angle to the paper for best results. the back will have little or no gold on it, repeat on the back if desired.

I adhered the moss panel to the card so the overall dimensions of the card would be 4.25x5.5". Next I cut a strip of pale plum CS slightly shorter than the width of the moss panel. I trimmed it so it would line up with the gold edge. I punched the label from perfect plum. I stamped the thanks stamp and cut the center out, adhering it to the punched label. After adhering the label with foam dots, I realized the label looked a bit boring compared  to the gold on the rest of the card so I used a thin tip gold paint marker to enhance the edge. Last, I added 3/8" gold ribbon across the bottom of the moss panel. My next posts will show more of the cards that go in the set. Have a great weekend!

RECIPE
Paper: Perfect plum, pale plum, mellow moss, very vanilla
Stamp Sets: Designer Label, French Script, Baroque Border
Ink: mellow moss, Versamark
Accessories: Gold EP, Gold ribbon, Label punch, gold chisel tip paint pen, gold fine tip paint pen

No comments: