November 01, 2008

French Flair Clipboard

P1030447edited

 

I am in love with this clipboard! From Stampin' Up!, it is heavyweight chipboard, 13"x7.5"  with beautiful, antiqued metal clips, not the ordinary shiny chrome look you get at the dollar store or Staples and the triple clip style is so unique! I have been dying to decorate one since they came out but with a new baby, it didn't happen 'til now (I know, he isn't so new anymore). I can't wait to hang it in our kitchen. So learn to make your own! It makes a great gift for someone you love. The frame allows you to interchange the photos so maybe make it for someone who needs a place to keep the pictures of you or your kids you send them! My photo doesn't do it justice, it is so much prettier IRL!

Hoping for instructions to make this clipboard? I teach this class on November 22, 7pm but I will probably post instructions after that for all of you too far away to join me. I hope some of you visiting this site are checking it out because you live close enough to take the class! Be sure to confirm before November 8 to reserve your spot, spaces are limited. The class fee is $15, the clipboard cost is $23.50 (cost from Stampin' Up! includes taxes and shipping), you will also need to bring at least two pieces of 12"x12" patterned paper, I recommend three, matching cardstock and your choice of ribbon and embellishments. Keep in mind I have a Crop-a- dile Big Bite so if you have any fancy brads or eyelets you would like to use, we can set them right into the clipboard. Instead of bringing your own paper, you can buy a pack of 12 sheets of coordinating, double- sided Designer Series paper for $14.50 (taxes and shipping included). Go to stampinup.com to see all the available patterns. I can get anything else you need at the same time if you wish. If you need ribbon, let me know ahead of time to see if I have the colours you need and I can sell you some very reasonably. I provide everything else you need; tools, adhesives, cutters, glaze, stamps and ink as well as the calendar and to do list. If you would prefer to bring nothing and buy a kit with everything you need, let me know and we will work something out.

The patterned paper is retired SU! Some of the ribbons are SU!, some are from my stash. The verse on the tag is from the Old Island Stamp Company, originally it was in a line but I inked and stamped it in segments so it would fit. The frame opens up so you can change the photo throughout the year and is made from pale plum, sage and perfect plum including they flowers; they look like Prima flowers but are actually SU! cardstock I punched and formed using the instructions found here. The buttons are from my stash except the clear one from SU! The flowers on the clips are from the SU! Pretties kit and dyed to match; the half- back pearls are from the same kit.

The pads of paper are homemade, can you believe you can actually buy the glue used to make pads of paper? It is called padding compound and I got mine online, I just can't find the link, sorry. If you Google Sparco Padding compound, you will get tons of links. I have enough to make more notepads than I could ever use and it was only $8 plus shipping! So we will make our own to do list and calendar pad. The nice things about making your own are that you can print your own pages, make it your own size and shape and decorate the pages with stamps. I didn't get to decorate mine before I took the pictures. You can see I made my to do list smaller so it would fit in the area I had left. I suppose the cons are the extra work and it is almost impossible to get the pages exactly the same size.

Please don't forget to subscribe to the email updates from Feedblitz so you never miss a post!

No comments: