January 06, 2009

Elegant Flowers

This card was going to be at least  three different things. You know, you get out all of your supplies, plan A doesn't work, so you go to plan B, then C; by the time you are done, you haven't used three-quarters of the supplies on the table and you realize, "Oh yeah, I set out to make a baby card didn't I?" I actually had no ELEGANT FLOWER reason to make a baby card other than for fun and to try out an idea and I suppose this could be used for a baby girl but I usually do more thematic cards. I did get to my final objective however, which was to try out at least one of my new Cuttlebug embossing folders. I love it! It embosses really deeply; next time I need to try it out on Core'dinations CS or on white core CS so I can sand the embossed areas. This folder is from a set of four small ones. One folder in another set I bought the same day had some space in the center and I tried putting letters in the space spelling baby but the embossing overwhelmed the letters...

I love how simple but elegant it is. I would have stamped the background, but I didn't think enough would show to bother with. Maybe next time I'll use a simple dot or stripe BG. Oh, I can't forget, this also works for Sketch Challenge TECC49. Too bad I didn't get it done in time to enter. {{SIGH}} Maybe next week.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Paper:
celery, white CS - SU!
Stamps/Ink: can you believe it? NONE
Accessories: Prima flowers, pearl beads - UK, Cuttlebug embossing folder

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

What a simple card - yet full of elegance and class.

Beautiful work!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Very pretty w/ the embossing and the delicate flowers. Cute!!