January 27, 2009

Garden Herbs

I am bound and determined to use some old supplies. I have no idea where I got this stamp though it looks like SU! I don't think it has seen ink since I bought it.
garden herbs
This card started out with my attempt to do a one layer card. Using a vanilla card, I masked off a torn section for this image and then masked off the bottom area. I brayered ink on the top half and it was great. Until I tried to remove the masks. The pressure from the brayer transferred the temporary adhesive to the card! Could I find my adhesive remover? Not on your life. I tried to get it off with my finger but it just made a big mess. So that idea was in the toilet!

This worked out much better! The image is coloured with Copics, there is a photo of the colours I used below. It was hard to make all of plants appear different with the natural greens in the Ciao marker 72A box so I used pale to medium browns on some plants before going over them in the various greens. That's about it. ETA - I just realized I didn't shade or colour the plant tags! I have to go back and do that. They look so flat!
garden herbs copics 

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Weathered background, herbs-UK
Ink: Always Artichoke, Adirondack black
Paper: Always Artichoke, vanilla
Accessories: Basic Grey buttons, foam dots-Jody Morrow, ribbon-Masterstroke, Copics, Nestabilities, Wizard embossing mat

8 comments:

Danni said...

Ohhh, I like this. Very nice!

Janna said...

Rebecca this is awesome!!! I love the nesties and the background card base!! So adorable!

Smiles,
janna

Lisa T said...

I love this card! Very pretty.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Very cute! I love those stamps w/ the herbs, etc. on them. They are definitely making a comeback so awesome that you have one! Your card is super cute!

Unknown said...

Love the green!!!

Maria Matter said...

Oh, Rebecca, this is fabulous! I really like the herbs image...great coloring! Love that weathered bg too!
Blessings, Maria

Chrissy D said...

Cute - Thank you for stopping by my blog - to answer your questions... My Guestbook is all the way down at the bottom of my page (scroll down. To post twice, make another comment for two drawings... Have a great night!

Cassie said...

i love this rebecca! beautiful image, colored beautifull and showcased beautifully too with the layout and embellishments!