February 10, 2009

Elegant Thank You for Twinkling Tuesday

We had a guest sketch designer today AKA Temporary Twinkie! The daughter of Twinkling Team member Heather, Piper-6 years old, came up with today's sketch. Thanks for the challenge and the pretty colours Piper. I did a bit of tweaking as always, I bumped the opposing rounded corners down one level and didn't add any hearts (sorry), oh and my ribbon was under one more layer. Still, pretty close. In a way this was my own Limited Supply Challenge. One piece of patterned paper with border, one piece of 12x12" textured CS, one piece of vanilla CS, one stamp set and one colour of ink!
elegant thank you
The paper is double-sided, the border works as the crisscross detail; granted it is a bit hard to see on the black patterned paper. I used chalks to lightly colour the flowers and butterflies. I am not so into cutesy as seems to be the current trend. So I was really happy to see this vintage set by Inkadinkadoo. I remember getting stamps from them back in the 80's when I was a teenager. they were one of only a few stamp companies around. I still have clip_image002most of them! All three images are stamped with black craft ink and embossed with clear powder-I *HATE* black craft ink! It is so messy but the result is worth it. I know, I could use Versamark and use black EP but I *HATE* the flecks of black EP more! Only other interesting notes; the button is MOP (mother of Pearl) from my sewing stash and this card is big to accommodate all the layers-6x6".

We'd love it if you would play along! Upload your version of the sketch to your blog or PCP or SCS with keyword MTTSC9. Be sure to link to Madelynn's blog, see the sidebar. Need inspiration? Check out the rest of the team's work. They're all on the sidebar too! <----------------------

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Inkadinkadoo
Ink: black craft ink-SU!, Adirondack black ink
Paper: black CS-Bazzill, vanilla-SU!, patterned paper-Clear Impressions
Accessories: buttons-UK, clear EP and chalk-SU!, embroidery floss-DMC, ribbon UK, black foam dots-Jody Morrow, corner rounder-EK Success

10 comments:

Kimmie said...

very elegant!

Julia Aston said...

That is quite a tricky sketch! and you did a wonderful job with it! love the floral DP's and the colors are striking!

Danni said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous! What a stunning card!

Janna said...

THis is awesome!! I love how you created the criss cross! So ingenius to use the back side of the paper! a nice subtle look and the coloring and image are perfect! Amazing job!

Smiles,
janna

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh I love your colors here and you take on the sketch is so so good!!!

I know Piper will be so excited when she get home from school and sees it!!

All the black and whites are so good together!!

So super elegant and pretty!!

Heather

Cassie said...

oh.
my.
goodness.

this is sooooo beautiful rebecca! i am in loooove with it!! what an elegant take on this sketch!!!

Bonnie said...

This is so beautiful! and wasn't it such a tricky little sketch??!! I hear you about the black ink - smudge city!! I usually end up with another embellishment to cover it up.... haha!

Diane said...

My mouth dropped open when I saw your card. OMG! It is absolutely beautiful, just stunning! I love it!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Super elegant! Great take on the sketch!! Love that DP and the pretty flowers!

Joan Fricker said...

Rebecca, your card is absolutely beautiful! You did a great job with the sketch and I love the colors you choose. your DP is perfect for this wonderful stamp.

Great job!

Joan