March 22, 2009

Fifth Avenue Baja

I made this card ages ago but wasn't all that happy with it. Still, it is kinda pretty. I just wish the baja breeze ink matched the cardstock. It doesn't because the ink mixed with the vanilla paper makes it greener than it should be. For once it looks better in the photo then IRL!! I usually stamp darker colours on vanilla paper so I forget lighter colours are yellowed by it. This card fifth ave baja is narrower than usual to allow for the ribbon sticking off the edge. It will still fit in a standard invitation envelope. I just noticed that in the photo I cut off the tips of the grosgrain ribbon on the right, OOPS! It is only a wee bit longer than what you see anyway.  The ribbon looks a bit crooked, it isn't adhered at all, the left side threads through a slit in the card's fold and the silk ribbon threaded through the button holds it on. I will just adjust it and maybe throw a glue dot back there before I mail it.  I made another in chocolate, you can view it HERE.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Fifth Avenue Floral, Hero Arts rickrack
Ink: Versamark, baja breeze
Paper: baja breeze, vanilla
Accessories: vanilla grosgrain ribbon, button, silk ribbon-UK, vanilla EP-UK
Techniques: heat embossing
All products by SU! unless otherwise noted.

No comments: