March 27, 2009

Grateful Quilt Card

THERE ARE TWO POSTS FOR TODAY! BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN FOR THE OTHER POST!!

WOOO HOOO! I got to do another So Sketchy layout for my Guest Designer position this month! I was so excited to see this one. I could think of tons of ideas for the diamond pattern in the background. I also thought of woven ribbon and a stamped diamond pattern like SU! print pattern background. I thought it ss5 grateful quilt might look cool in a dark colour over a light patterned paper! Plus one more idea you will see in another card I made.

Cutting the paper was easy. Getting it glued on straight was very hard because corners of the 'quilt' pieces didn't go right into the corners of the mat. So I marked the half way points on the middle of the 5 full-sized squares and lined them up with diagonal pencil marks joining the corners of the chocolate mat. Perfectly straight! TIP: When adhering paper you intend to sew, keep the adhesive away from where you will sew. My adhesive is right in the center of each square, well away from the sewing! In case you are wondering, I sewed the squares in two long rectangles from corner to corner. It was much easier than any other sewing pattern and the fewest corners to turn! I switched thread for the outer square for more contrast. The chocolate mat was done using THIS TUTORIAL.

THERE ARE TWO POSTS FOR TODAY! BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN FOR THE OTHER POST!!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
sentiment-H & M Stamps
Ink: chocolate chip-SU!
Paper: Sugared pack by Basic Grey, pink pirouette, chocolate chip CS-SU!
Accessories: Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, SU! oval punch, ribbon-UK, Kaiser blush pearls, Mettler thread, foam dots-Jody Morrow, chocolate marker(distressing)-SU!
Techniques: paper piecing, sewing

No comments: