March 30, 2009

More Masculine Thank You Cards

Like most card makers, I have trouble making manly cards. I mean, I can make them, I just don't enjoy it because there are simply fewer choices and fewer embellishments are appropriate! I looked at the list of people I have to thank regarding the dalmatian thanks2congregation party we had and there are not one but THREE single guys on there! I made on last week, but TWO MORE!?! I remembered the cutest Dalmatian puppies from a SU! fireman set that retired ages ago so I dragged it out and used it. Now, I want to know, can you give a fireman card to a guy who isn't a fireman? How many of us know firemen? And even if we do, once we use a set for our fireman bud, can you use it again? Why is it that I think that you can't give a card to a guy with a 'theme' unless it dalmatian thanks1reflects the guy? I am wrong about that? I'd give a card with a farm girl on it to a friend with no farm! Hmmmm... Leave me a comment if you have an opinion on this topic! Because of the 'theme' thing, I only used the dogs on these cards. Everyone loves dogs right?

I started with the first layout but it seemed too boring and empty so I reorganized the same pieces into another layout, not stuck on dalmatian thanks copicsit either. I was looking through sketches I'd saved and so many use ovals, circles or have ribbon in them. I love using sketches but none had the shape I needed for the puppies! The three black brads are bright copper coloured with my black Copic. The dogs are shaded with Copics also, E on the face and body, G for the grass, BG for a very subtle 'sky' effect just along the outer edge of the dogs, a tiny bit of C (grey) on the inner edges of the dog faces and pink (RV) on their noses. It is hard to shade white dogs but I had fun trying it. Because it is so subtle, I enlarged it for you.
dalmatian thanks closeup

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Lexicon of Love, puppies (Unknown set name)
Ink: Stazon brown, chocolate chip (distressing), close to cocoa (sponging on white panel)
Paper: kraft, cranberry crisp, confetti white CS, DSP
Accessories: square brads-Making Memories, copper brads-SU!, Copic markers. All products SU! unless otherwise noted.

2 comments:

Erica said...

These are cool masculine cards. I never miss a chance to put them into my faves. I hope to see more from you.

Erica

Anonymous said...

I have this set and it is called Fire Brigade (by SU!). I love your card! -Mary R.