August 10, 2009

Flopsey Gardening Challenge Card

Isn’t Flopsey cute? Now I’m not sure if Flopsey is a girl or boy but he/she is a girl here, note the pretty pink hat! This card is for the SCS colour challenge, CC230, to use Cocoa, Cameo Coral, Blush, White and Celery. Such pretty colours I HAD to play! I don’t bother with colour challenges if I hate one or more of the colours. To me, that isn’t a challenge, that is just not fun :( Why play if it isn’t fun? It is also for Sharon Johnson’s No Time to Stamp #99, ssnotime99, using the word ‘friends’ on your card. And the OCC challenge, Harvest.
 gardener flopsey cc

I enjoyed colouring this image with my Copics; it is really very easy to colour. I hope you like the rows of plants in behind. Yes, I realize that the carrots are huge and the other plants are seedlings. Perhaps she cleared out early maturing spring plants to allow summer plants to grow in their place. OK, OK, I know, I am too literal! Seems to be a problem for me with any art, TV, movies, paintings, I am just too practical to enjoy things that aren’t accurate. As a nurse you should see me when I watch medical shows! Scary (“They wouldn’t really do that you know,” my hubby, a paramedic, just sighs patiently!! Boy, that was a tangent! Anyhoo…

gardener flopsey cc copics

A couple details-the celery is in the patterned paper even though it isn’t easy to see. The flower is coloured with an R32 Copic marker. If you look carefully, the descending portion of the ‘F’ in Friends is cut out with an X-Acto knife and lifted up over the edge of the main panel. The sentiment really says ‘friends’ but I thought it worked better for the card as ‘friend’ so I covered the ‘s’ with the flower. If I had two characters in the main image, ‘friends’ would be more appropriate.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Gardener Flopsey-MFT, Friends sentiment-UK
Ink: Color Box chalk-brown, Memento-brown, coral, Versamark
Paper: cocoa, coral, blush-SU!, white-Taylored Expressions, Basic Grey-LilyKate 
Accessories: flower-Scrapbook Sally, brad-CTMH, Copics, Ranger espresso EP, white liquid appliqué, watercolour glitter-Art Institute, brown grosgrain

1 comment:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super sweet card Rebecca, I LOVE the fun design and your coloring is beautiful!

Thanks for appylying to the OCC!
Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)