September 18, 2009

My Card for Kate

You’ve seen my cards for Kate’s siblings, here is my card for Kate! Isn’t this bear sweet? I have been waiting for the budget to allow me to order this adorable set and its Accessory set from Taylored Expressions. I had to get more paper anyways so it was the perfect excuse to order these sets. I am just shooting myself for ordering them 4 days too late, just past 3 months in which all sales sent money to Sick Kid’s hospital in Toronto. Living so close, I’ve been there a few times. When Jameson was still in my tummy, there was a concern that my lupus may have affected his heart so we went down to get his heart ultrasounded through my belly. Cool huh? Fortunately he was and is fine. I’ve also spent time down there with special needs kids I worked with who needed surgery; gave their parents a break and all. It sure is an AWESOME place. I can’t believe I didn’t order in time so they could benefit. **GRRRR**

kate backpack bear
Such a sweet face! I can’t help but picture a little girl going into a hospital carrying this bag. I paper pieced the bag, popping up the whole thing except the straps and up another level, the bear and the backpack flap. All the layers, the backpack and the lace were sponged with tea rose Distress ink. A punched flower and pearl finishes the card.

kate backpack bear closeup

Please support the Cards for Kate drive by sending cards or even donating a prize. For details go to Jennifer McGuire and click on the logo on her sidebar. Right at the top, you can’t miss it!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento brown, antique linen, tea rose Distress inks
Paper: Wild Asparagus Designer CS, kraft, chocolate CS-SU!, Taylored expressions cream CS
Accessories: foam dots-Jody Morrow, pearl-Kaisercraft, punch-EK Success, curved rectangles Nestabilites, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Cuttlebug tag die

1 comment:

Christi Flores said...

This is precious!!!