November 19, 2009

Swim Time Gift Set

Jameson has just finished his first swimming lessons and I needed a thank you for the teacher. I remembered I had an awesome kit from Sweet Pea Scraps with all sorts of fun summer items. one was a 12x12” sheet of flip flop paper. What could be better for a swim teacher?

swim time gift set

This was the easiest layout but it took a few turns before it became what you see here. At first I tried a white panel in place of the sentiment with a bathing suit, drink, sunglasses etc but it just seemed flat and small compared to the fun paper. It took me a while but I finally found this Melissa Frances sentiment in my stash. In the second picture you can see how the paper has shiny glaze on it. I still wanted to give a small gift so I checked out my stash again and found a Scharffenberger (sp?) chocolate bar I got from – wait for it- the DOLLAR store! Way cool!

swim time

I was actually at the factory in Berkley CA when I was there about 5 years ago. Fabulous chocolate!! I made a super simple box for the chocolate bar and decorated it very simply with the stamps I had tried using for the white panel. I used saffron ink to get a watermark effect without waiting for actual watermark ink to dry. It is too bad I didn’t get to see her open it but she is a swim teacher, her hands were wet after all. I though of this ahead of time and put both in a plastic bag. Smart cookie huh?

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Paper:
Imaginisce DP, CS-Bazzil
Accessories: flowers-Scrapbook Sally, brads-Making Memories, wave punch-EK Success, rub on sentiment-Melissa Frances

No comments: