February 03, 2010

Matchbook Post-It Note Holders

Yep, more craft sale stuff though I didn’t like one part of the first so I saved it for me! These were shown on SCS but I changed mine a bit.

grey blue matchbook notes

I kept tweaking mine until I got it perfect. On this one, I stapled it too low, hidden by the ribbon. Then I changed it but the scallops overlapped the post its and I didn’t like that. I finally settled on some measurements I really like so if you are interested, please email me. It is hard to see but the labels 8 die is stamped with French script and sponged.

hearts matchbook notes

The colours aren’t quite right on this one. The cardstock is Melon Mambo, the hearts are pretty in pink and pixie (I think) pink. It goes together sooo much better IRL. I couldn’t find any pink post its that were the right size, not in a HUGE package or pop-ups. So I settled on heart ones, cute right? Only problem is that they have adhesive down the center, not at the top! I added a strip of CS to the inside for the backing paper to tuck behind. Now the darn things want to fall out! And I’ve already marked them as refillable which they won’t be if I have to use redline tape to keep it in! Hmmm. Let me know if you have any ideas!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE - floral
Ink: chocolate, bordering blue-SU!
Stamps: chocolat alpha-CTMH, Life-PTI, French script-SU!
Paper: DP-MME, chocolate, vanilla CS-SU!
Accessories: ribbon-SU!, staples, Prima flower, Kaisercraft pearl

RECIPE - hearts
Ink: pretty in pink, pixie pink,
Stamps: chocolat alpha-CTMH, happy hearts-SU!, borders-hearts-PTI
Paper:  white, melon mambo CS-SU!
Accessories: ribbon-May Arts, staples

No comments: