April 29, 2010

Clear Dollar Stamps Sneak Peak – Tag Blessings 2

I tried very hard with my sneak peaks to make cards or projects that were all quite different in style to show that CDS has stamps that work no matter what style you work in. Wait until you see my Shabby Chic card tomorrow!

TagBlessingsRE2 copy

I have loved this paper for ages but with such a busy, large print, it takes some work to find a layout that doesn’t get overwhelmed by the paper or covers so much of the paper that you can’t see the print anymore. I thought the circle designs in the paper worked PERFECTLY with the circle designs in Tag Blessings! See the white flower just above and to the right of the circle? Looks a lot like the flowers in the circle! And this sentiment really covers so many possible uses. Sympathy, Thinking of you, Get Well are all covered by this one sentiment.

I stitched around the edge of the card and as usual, I didn’t decide to do so until the card was put together so the stitching shows inside. I used green bobbin thread so it isn’t too bad. Then I really wished I had pierced along the outer edge of the stamped circle image to echo the dots in the black circle of the DP but I decided against it, figuring there were enough holes inside the card front already!

It is a bit hard to see but the velvet ribbon is tucked a couple times for added texture. I airbrushed the pearls and flower to match. The leaf is velvety, it is sold in a long chain like ribbon! The sentiment was first stamped on the DP and I also stamped it on the circle, deliberately leaving some of the sentiment off the edge, it does fit if you turn the circle more but I wanted the flowers to be pointing the same way as the flower in the DP. Then I carefully aligned the two when adhering my circle.

This set will be available June 1st. The link on Lori’s blog, Clearly iStamp will be active then. Be sure to visit the rest of the DT who are previewing sets today.

Angela Thomas
Tricia Traxler
Cassie Trask
Linda Anderson
Laurie Wilson
Lori McCrosky
Linda Borneman
Nancy Grant
Katie Renz
Candy Fosta
Sarah Taylor
Trudy Sjolander
Wendy Hall
Tori Wild
Stacy Morgan
Sarah Gilreath
Tracy Johnson

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Tag Blessing – Clear Dollar Stamps
Ink: cocoa-SU!, Memento black
Paper: celery, white-SU!, DP-Scarlet Letter Basic Grey
Accessories: velvet ribbon-Clear Dollar Stamps, thread, flower-Scrapbook Sally, brad-K&Co (I think), pearls-Dollarama, leaf-May Arts

2 comments:

TracyJ said...

This card is just lovely. I have that same paper too - now I know what I can do with it LOL!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is lovely! Great job on the sneak!