April 28, 2010

May Matchboxes for Whimsical Wednesdays

Our challenge for this week was nice and easy! Make a spring themed project! I was able to combine it with a swap I was working on called May Matchboxes to make two matchboxes and decorate them with May flowers.

Sorry the pictures aren’t so great. I desperately need a macro lens for my camera!

may matchbox1
For this one, I used a rounded petal flower die for the basic part of the flower but I trimmed the petals down so they would be semi-pointed like a daffodil. The middle is made from an arc cut from the yellow paper cut with pinking shears to make the ruffley edge. The stamen is made from embroidery floss I stiffened with glue.

may matchbox2
This one uses an ancient SU! set but I still like it when I don’t feel like or don’t have time for colouring! It is hard to tell, but the purple tulip is popped up at the bottom and double popped at the top. I may still add some pearls or a butterfly to the top corner.

Be sure to see what the other girls on the team made today! Their links are all on my sidebar. I hope you will leave them all some great comments. This one is so easy, you have to be able to play! Just make a spring-themed card or project and link it up to Whimsical Wednesdays with Mr Linky!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
SU!
Ink: Versamark, banana, pale plum, perfect plum, apricot, celery, pink pirouette-SU!
Paper: melon mambo, white, celery, saffron-SU!, sweet blush-PTI
Accessories: foam dots-Jody Morrow, white EP (you can’t see it, I used it to colour a brad on the front of the one drawer), Art Institute Glitter (same), satin ribbon-stash (same), brad-Making Memories, embroidery floss (stamen)

5 comments:

kris said...

Great projects girl!!! i love the flowers on them... your work is beautiful!! hugs!

Cassie said...

sooo pretty! i love that daffodil!

Welcome! said...

These just scream spring! Love them! Love the daffodil too!

Heather Schlatter said...

Perfect take on the spring theme this week!!! Love the flowers!!!

Andrea Murdock said...

I love these sweet boxes xoxo