May 05, 2010

Oven Thank You for Whimsical Wednesdays

My mom and dad are renovating their kitchen so they gave us their stove which is much nicer than what we had. So I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to make a thank you card using a fabulous sketch from a special young lady.

oven thank you
I know my mom will ADORE this cute paper from Thrift Shop just like I do. I kind of wish I had used chalk ink for the sentiment so it stood out more but I added the buttons to draw the eye to it.

katie sketch001
Isn’t this a great sketch? So detailed for a kid! This one is the work of Katie, Team Member Andrea’s daughter. I am definitely going to save this one. We are going to have some more sketches from Team Members kids this month. We also have a NEW SPONSOR! this month, Sweet Pea stamps. I have to thank Randi for arranging for us each to receive THREE actual RUBBER STAMPS!! Thanks for the stamps Sweet Pea! I only got mine this afternoon living in the boonies here in Canada (kidding! I only live 40 minutes from Toronto!) so I will create with mine next week!

Please visit all the DareDevils, especially Andrea’s to comment little Katie for her sketch! I hope you will play with us too, be sure to make a project with the sketch, upload it to your blog or gallery with DDSC34 and come back to Whimsical Wednesdays and link up with Mr Linky. Be sure to use the direct link, not your general blog link.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Cornish Heritage Farms, sentiment-unknown
Ink: Vintage Photo,  Antique Linen Distress Ink
Paper: riding hood red, vanilla-SU!, Thrift Shop, Fly a Kite-October Afternoon
Accessories: vintage lace, gingham ribbon-stash, flower-Scrapbook Sally, foam dots-Jody Morrow, buttons and twine-PTI, Copic E31 (to darken the gingham ribbon), crystal effects-SU! (to make the strawberry look like an epoxy brad)

5 comments:

Cassie said...

this is super adorable bec!!! love the gingham paired with that lace!

kris said...

How cute that you have this image for that special note of thanks!! wonderful creativity!! the colors feel so homey!!

Randi said...

Super cute Rebecca! That lace is beautiful!

Welcome! said...

What an adorable card!!!! I love your paper and ribbon, sooo pretty! Awesome card!

Andrea Murdock said...

I love this card and I love that paper too! I am getting my mom and dad's old stove too within the next month hee hee. I will have to copy this card xoxo