July 19, 2010

Butterfly Twirl Pop-Up Card

Another Swap-Bot creation. This time the theme was pop-up butterfly cards. OK, so one pop-up card isn’t so hard but when I re-read the instructions, I had to make two pop-up cards for each of two partners! AHHH! I really didn’t want to design two cards around the same old type of pop-up because my stamps and punches are limited and I worried they’d be too much the same and boring! So I browsed SCS for another type of pop-up card rather than the typical ‘cut slit in paper’ type of card. And I came up with two! Spiral pop-up and twirl pop-up!

butterfly twirl front 
So here is the front, nothing terribly special but nice…

butterfly twirl inside1 
And here is the inside one way…

butterfly twirl inside2
You really have to check out the video on SCS to get the real niftiness of the spin feature. You set the tension of the cord just right and it makes the purple part spin! I changed the dimensions just a bit because my purple part stuck out when I closed it. I’m not sure if I messed up or if the directions were wrong but it worked fine after an adjustment. You can barely see it, at the base of the pieces that stick out, you can see that I have two score lines, the original and one that makes the sticking out protrude less.

I sure hope you will try one of these, so FUN! They would be PERFECT for kids! I’ll show you the spiral pop-up later in the week. I figured out how to make sure I keep up with blogging! Unless I am on a super tight deadline, I am blogging BEFORE I craft. That way, I can’t forget! :)

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
butterfly-handmade foam stamp from MS punch, verse-Verve Beautiful You, sentiment-Everyday Flexible Phrases SU!
Ink: pale plum, perfect plum-SU!
Paper: ivory, sage, pale plum, perfect plum CS, DP-SU!
Accessories: BBQ skewer-stash, brads (to cover ends of skewers)-MM, flower-Michaels, MS flower punch, Quickutz stamping foam for die cutting, pearl-Dollarama, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, silver cord-SU!, Corner Chomper-WRMK

1 comment:

Coleen said...

Just stopping by again. I really like the butterfly cards. They're all so pretty.
Coleen, SB