November 18, 2010

Taylored Expressions Blog Hop–Mini Puppy Gift Box

I am a huge fan of making little boxes. I bought the pattern for this one from My Time, Made Easy; it is called Tuckered Out. Cute name huh?

puppy box

Isn’t that puppy cute? The box was fun to make but, as usual, I noted a couple of problems. I really wanted it to open from the top but the tab wouldn’t stay tucked in! No idea why, I checked to make sure that I had scored in all the right places and I had. So I glued it shut and now it opens from the bottom. I noticed that one of the sides didn’t line up quite right either and I am pretty darn precise. But it is cute enough that I don’t mind making adjustments.

puppy box side

The puppy was stamped on light brown CS and lightly shaded with Copics. The white button is a vintage button, the brown one is from Basic Grey and the aqua one is from PTI. I braided the handle from PTI twine.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the blog hop. If you enjoyed my project, I hope you will subscribe, there are thingies on my sidebar!

 

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps: Beary Special and Beary Special Accessories- Taylored Expressions
Ink: chocolate-SU!, Antique Linen Distress ink
Paper: natural CS-SU!, DP-PTI
Accessories: buttons, white twine-as above, natural twine, template-as above, tag die-Quickutz

2 comments:

kathy s said...

what a cute little gift box and the doggy is so cute too love the patch on his paw.

Natalie said...

Cute stamp and sweet gift box! tfs