August 17, 2011

Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop

I'm sorry my project isn't up yet but I had a very rough night so I'm sleeping in. As my pregnancy progresses, it gets harder and harder to get a good night's sleep! I'll have my post up later though, just a bit late. My apologies.

TE blast blog hop_thumb[2]

Welcome to my project for Taylored Expressions Blog Hop! I am happy to announce that I have found out the gender of my baby. I still can’t believe it because this pregnancy is so different in so many ways than the other two. But this baby is boy #3! Whew, I am going to be one busy momma! AND I won some stamp sets from TE via the Moxie Fab blog and I just had to use them. But how to incorporate a baby project with this month’s theme, Collectors Anonymous?

te blog hop keepsake box_thumb[2]

Didn't take me long to settle on an altered Keepsake Box because I do tend to collect lots of ephemera for my scrapbook pages and I am always losing stuff unless it ends up in a special place! Like baby clothes tags, photos other people take and give me, ribbons from gifts, tags, cards etc. So this little box was perfect! I love that it has no separate lid but rather the top closes with a magnet.

te blog hop keepsake box closeup_thumb[1]

I stamped the tiny sheep from Bringing Home Baby on the kraft background using Champagne Versamark ink. I cut them apart and arranged them in a triangle shape for easy background stamping. Aren't they cute? The shimmer is hard to see but I love those little sheep anyway. I paper pieced the bear and accented him with a Copic marker for some shading. I hand cut the heart mat.

The box is nice to cover, the box collapses which makes the edges easier to cover as the raw edges can be tucked in and hidden when the box is assembled. You might have to see one to know what I’m talking about. The sides are covered in the same paper the heart was cut from. And since the box is white, no need to cover every edge or paint it first. Of course  you could if you didn’t want white but the surface is nice and smooth so I would recommend a very light, quick sanding if you want to paint it.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Bringing Home Baby, Beary Special-TE
Ink: Antique Linen Distress, Chocolate-SU!, Champagne Versamark
Paper: blue DPs-Anna Griffin, brown DP-SU!, kraft CS-SU!, natural CS-PTI,
Accessories: Perfect Package Card Box-TE, heart die-PTI, vintage buttons-stash, ribbon-stash, Copics E71,77, Labels 8 Nesties

4 comments:

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Such a cute little box, that teddy bear is just adorable! Hope you are feeling more rested!

Chris L.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet baby box. Love the colors... the paper-pieced teddy is just so precious! :o)

Natalie said...

Precious keepsake box! Hope you are feeling better and congrats on #3!

Kristie W. said...

Sooo adorable! Love the lil loops of ribbon on the ends. Congrats on baby boy #3!