October 19, 2011

Baby Onesie Favour for Taylored Expression Blast from the Past Blog Hop

The theme this month is Trick or Sweet. Since I don’t celebrate Halloween I decided to go with Sweet. I’ve got baby on the brain of course, being almost 7 months pregnant, so a baby shower favour seemed like a no brainer. And I won a TE baby set a couple months ago making it even easier!

onesie favour front

If you don’t visit my blog on a regular basis you may want to subscribe or visit again as I will be doing a tutorial on how to make this favour. It’s pretty easy but I’ll list the sizes of circles to use and the measurements of the sleeves etc. You can get two from each sheet of 8.5x11” cardstock.

onesie favour side

I would have used blue and white jelly beans but I didn’t have any so this is filled with a roll of unwrapped Sweet Tarts minus the pink and orange ones. You could use any candy you want of course. Blue and white M&Ms could be cool too. Or blue FIZZY BATH SALTS would be a calorie-conscious option. They are easy and pretty cheap to make, just click on the highlighted text above.

If you are very observant, you may have noticed a little blue paperclip sticking out from the side of the sleeve. I wanted to be able to undo the favour and allow it to lay flat to make a template later so I used paperclips to hold it together temporarily while I photographed it.

onesie favour closeup

I used stars from two different sets, Hanging Out and Bringing Home baby, cut them away from the other stamps they were attached to and used them to background stamp the onesie. The sheep and turtle were cut apart from their stamps too.

I hope if you enjoyed this project you will visit again!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
TE Bringing Home Baby, Hanging Out
Ink: Bashful blue, navy-SU!, Memento black
Paper: bashful, brocade blue CS-SU!
Accessories: blue brads, circle, label 1 Nesties, 1 1/4” circle punch-SU!, Copics W3,5, Y21,35,YG63, G21,24, foam dots-Jody Morrow

 

.

12 comments:

Helen Dooley said...

LOVE THIS!!! this is just too adorable. TFS!

Jodi Collins said...

This is WAY adorable! LOVE LOVE LOVE how you made this a favor! 7 months prego! Congrats!!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

This is so clever--I love how you designed this to stand up and hold the treats! I'm subscribing now! :)

Chris L.

Kary said...

What a cute project!! The treat holder is just awesome. Love the idea!!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

This is very adorable. I've never participated in Halloween either but my card today was one of the first Halloween cards I've ever made, but made it without using Halloween stamps.

Lea L. said...

This is adorable! Great job!

Taylor said...

So fun! I love that favor and wish I'd had those for my baby shower! Wishing you health and good rest during the rest of your pregnancy!

Joan Ervin said...

What an adorable project...your little onesie is sooo cute and how fun to make it into a treat holder!!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awwww, how adorable! Very cute and congrats :)

Lisa Petrella said...

This is absolutely DARLING!!! Such a cute idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

Peggy said...

What a sweet idea for a baby shower favor!! Congrats and best wishes on your little one!

Michelle said...

Awwee this is adorable