October 16, 2011

Hope You Can Cling to Challenge

Splitcoast Stampers has a series of challenges during the month of October in honour of Breast Cancer month. Many people are sending their cards to a cancer center in Texas but as in my last post, I have someone to give mine to who’s a bit closer to home.

donna believe card

I used pink because the colour for bone cancer is white. Not so easy to craft in all white! The embossing on the upper part is white pearls. I love how soft it looks and it really does look pearlescent in the right light. The rest is pretty easy to figure out. Next time, I will make sure the lowest row of punching is symmetrical. I don’t think the other layers matter so much because the pink doesn’t show through them. I hope you will take time to play in the challenges, there is a link to them on right sidebar of the SCS home page, and send some cards in if you can.

donna believe card closeup

I am not sending this one in but will make some more when I have more time. I barely got this one done because I threw out my left SI joint(sacroiliac, where your lower back joins your pelvis) trying to find something on the floor in my very messy basement craft room/storage area and it hurt so badly! I’m starting to feel better now so I can spend longer crafting this week.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
SU!
Ink: Distress embossing
Paper: white, pink CS-SU!
Accessories: white pearls EP, gingham ribbon-Michaels, pink rhinestones-Zva, various MS punches, PTI card edger die

No comments: