June 18, 2012

Orange Roses Gift Box

I decorated this chocolate truffle box for my son’s kindergarten teacher. She is such a sweetheart, her favourite colour is rainbow! Seriously? Could that be sweeter? SmileInside is a set of little 2x2” cards for her to give to the kids when they are good, a set of simple 3.5” square cards with her monogram on them including handmade envelopes and a bracelet.

orange roses gift box

I used this tutorial for the roses, Spiral Rose Tutorial. The only thing I do differently is if I find the petals are starting to stack on top of one another rather than sitting offset like a real rose, I tear apart the strip and continue the spiral with the petal in a pleasing position. Oh, and I prefer to use 1/8” Scor-Tape on the whole strip before starting to form the rose. That way it stays together if I try pleating the strip instead of tearing it if it’s only a little bit off.

orange roses gift box closeup

I dyed the seam binding with a blend of SU! inks to match the paper. The small roses were make with a Cheery Lynn Cuties die. You layer two of them which helps prevent having the petals stack up on one another in some areas like happens with the Spellbinder Spiral Rose.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Paper:
DP, spring moss, avocado CS-PTI, apricot, pumpkin, white CS-SU!
Ink: apricot, pumpkin pie, blush-SU!
Accessories: corsage pin-Michaels, Sizzix leaf die, Spellbinders spiral rose die, beads-SU! pretties kit, Hug Snug seam binding ribbon, salvaged chocolate truffle box, Cheery Lynn cuties die, various SU! reinkers,

No comments: