September 03, 2012

Steampunk Balloon Card

I love this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. It is detailed, asymmetrical and includes elements I love.

steampunk ty mojo

I used the train pattern on the paper to enhance the bottom of the card. Very masculine right? This is such a great paper pack I had a blast choosing which papers to use! I won a mystery box from PaperCrafts Connection blog (YEAH!) and it had THREE stamp sets with hot air balloons!  This vintage one is from Studio Calico and I thought it went perfectly with this paper.

Mojo257Sketch

Click on sketch for link to blog.

The only thing I wasn’t too sure about was the flowers, which of course didn’t suit the style of this card. So what else to use in their place? I dug into my Tim Holtz embellie jar and found these cool metal leaves and game spinner arrows. Fun right? The stamps on the green card are from button boutique!  Who says that this set can only be used on girlie cards! It’s hard to see but the layers are all distressed, looks very vintage IRL.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Studio Calico, PTI
Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle, Vintage Photo
Paper: My Mind’s Eye designer paper, Kraft, chartreuse CS-PTI, ivory CS-Taylored Expressions, brown CS-SU!
Accessories: metal accents-Tim Holtz, foam dots-Jody Morrow, button card die-PTI, accent die-Cuttlebug, pinking shears, sewing machine, Copic markers

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am loving Tom Holtz more and more. Fantastic card.

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful - so are the bee cards. Love them! Your style is awesome!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Rebecca! Thanks for linking this up to the Asymmetry Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)