November 24, 2012

Bee Thankful Card and Tag Set

A guy at my husband’s work keeps bees. I’ve been looking for a reason to make him a card ever since I got the PTI set Honey Bees. I know that seems weird but it is such a perfect set for someone who loves bees.

card and tag mojo

He sold my husband honey last year but as it was his bees’ first year, they didn’t yield much. But that honey was sooo good (apparently, hubby drank it all in his coffee, I didn’t get any Sad smile ). This year the yield was low again because his queen got aggressive and he had to replace her mid season. We did get one jar though, at a discount, so I had a reason to make a thank you card. Yeah! Honey and a reason to use Honey Bees set! To butter him up so he might bestow upon us another jar, I decided to include a small gift; a tag he and his wife can use the next time they give a jar as a gift to someone else.

card and tag mojo2

I love this tag layout. Something about it keeps me looking at it again and again even though it is ridiculously simple! I don’t know what it is about the circles within the circles but I’m a huge fan! I am so hoarding this honey comb/hexagon paper. Unfortunately, it isn’t in the 12x12 pack I bought. I was so bummed when I realized that. I think I may add a couple rhinestones to either end of the sentiment now that I look at the photo.

card and tag mojo3

In case you are wondering, I added a new hole to the tag die. I don’t really like the way the hole sticks up so high on it’s own bit of paper so I trimmed it off and punched a new hole and it works perfectly because the ribbon covers the irregular paper from the trimming. I love the embossing from the die so it was still a good purchase.

I used Mojo Monday for the layout. Click on the sketch to visit the blog post.

Mojo268Sketch

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Honey Bees, Life, Home Made (Thank You)-PTI
Ink: celery, saffron, apricot-SU!, moss, ocean tides, berry sorbet-PTI, Archival black, scattered straw, vintage photo, antique linen Distress-Ranger
Paper: kraft CS-PTI, white CS-TE, DP-MME
Accessories: foam dots-Jody Morrow, metal frame-Making Memories, all card dies-Spellbinders, tiny rhinestones-TE, brad-iTop, brad fabric-silk swatch, ribbon-Masterstroke, tag die, circle strip die, twine, button-PTI

1 comment:

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable!

enjoy *~*