November 17, 2012

Vintage Teacher Thank You

At the end of the last school year, I made two card fronts for my son to choose from. This was the one he didn’t choose. I had it kicking around my craft room for ages when all it needed was a base! Do you ever do stuff like that?

teacher vintage thank you

I love the butterfly paper. Isn’t it interesting? Once it is gone, I am going to try and make my own. TIP: I’ll stamp text in black on cream cardstock. Then clear emboss butterflies in a not-too random pattern. Then sponge or brayer over the whole sheet with black ink. I’ve used this technique before and it turns out really cool. The only thing is that the brayering or sponging takes a while.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Clearly About Teachers-MFT
Ink: Memento black, antique linen, vintage photo Distress ink
Paper: Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe, 7 Gypsies Conservatory, kraft, vanilla CS-SU!
Accessories: May Arts Ribbon, Recollections flower

No comments: