March 02, 2013

Pet Sympathy Card

A sweet lady has been coming to support me and help handle my autistic son. It’s her job to help parents of children with mental illness but she’s a parent too. She has an autistic daughter herself so when I found out her daughter’s cat died, I had to make a sympathy card for her.

CASE study 129 cat symp

I took the photos during the day so the colours are a bit off; the orange is darker and the DP is brighter so they match better, sigh… oh well. Daylight mixed with my photo lights confuse my camera’s sensor. I made this as she was arriving and she had to take it with her so there was no time to rephotograph it later.

I used the CASE study 129 but since my kids dumped water on my computer, thankfully it is fine, I missed the chance to enter. Grrrrr…… I might have added some more embellishments to match the original but when I asked her mom if she would notice them she said probably not so I went with just the one cat. The style of this cat suits a teenager so I thought it was perfect.

CASE129

This is the card I was CASEing. I hope you like my take on it. I really liked the twine bits from each embellie. Thought is was cute and very clever. I was working from memory so I didn’t notice the one rounded corner; wish I had done that. oh well.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
sympathy sent-MFT, flourish Vintage labels-PTI
Ink: archival black-Ranger
Paper: Max and Whiskers-Basic Grey
Accessories: twine-PTI, cat-Jesse James buttons

No comments: