May 09, 2013

Flip Card for Waltzing Mouse Stamps Challenge

Waltzing Mouse Stamps has a challenge right now to make a moving or interactive card. I decided to make a shaped flip card.

Flip card WMS challenge

I used a partial die cutting technique to cut the flip portion of the card. And I modified the card to make the center portion narrower which allowed more to show through the opening when the card is closed. The part the thank you is stamped on. I did a trial using the paper sizes and score lines used the tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers and there wasn’t enough showing to stamp on or to look right. Which also meant making the overall card smaller to maintain an overall size of 4.25x5.5”.

Flip card WMS challenge2

Other than that, I just decorated the card as usual. I was a bit tricky to mat the front of the card with patterned paper. I wish I had added it before doing the die cutting but I managed.

Flip card WMS challenge3

When the card is closed you can’t see this flourish but I added it because you can see it from the back where I will put my message to the recipient.

Enjoy, Rebecca

5 comments:

Marybeth said...

Such a pretty elegant flip card Rebecca! Love this! I love your gorgeous bow and flower stick pins sooo pretty!

Jeanne J. said...

Rebecca this is absolutely gorgeous! Love that the card flips - so clever - and all the trims make this so victorian /romantic looking!

Deborah Frings said...

Beautifully done! Such a pretty card and sentiment!

Unknown said...

What a very pretty card Rebecca, the colours are enchanting! I love the flip idea! Need to investigate this one further! Thank you do much for playing along with me!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful colors and florals on this pretty flip card Rebecca!