August 03, 2013

You Rock for Unscripted Sketches

A whole bunch of kids in our extended circle of friends graduated this year. We don’t know them well enough to get invited to grad parties (which is why I found out so late and am still making cards)but I still wanted to send something! It is so hard to make teen boy cards, I should get brownie points from the judges of the sketch challenge!

You Rock teen card

The bottom is done with a Tim Holtz embossing folder. I misted the cardstock so it wouldn’t crack and Yea! it worked. I added ink direct-to-paper while the cardstock was still wet and liked how the ink softened so I added more ink and more mist. It accents the embossing without looking harsh. The black strip is thin washi tape.

Next I used two colours of ink to stamp the funky blob under the guitarist. Why is it that SU! seems to struggle to get bright turquiose/teals colours to match the colours on the ink case? Does the ink fade over time? Do they just not match it correctly in the first place? In the case of both Bahama Bay and Taken with Teal, I thought they were too bright so used neither when they were new. As I developed a love for teal, I got them out only to find neither is nearly as bright as the case shows. They aren’t just a little off but WAAAAY off. So I used Hawaiian Shores rom PTI (which does match the colour on the case!) to finish the stamping of the sentiment which is why they don’t match.

UnScripted sk_FlashbackSketch27

I used the Flashback Summer sketch #27 but you only have a few hours to play so get going if you want to join. But you have a bit longer to play Flashback Bingo so take a look at the post before the one I’m linking to if you’d like to play.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Taylored Expressions
Ink: Bahama bay-SU!, Hawaiian shores, harvest moon-PTI, archival black-Ranger
Paper: white, chartreuse, Hawaiian shores-PTI
Accessories: foam dots-Jody Morrow, washi tape-Recollections, star dies-Simon Says Stamp. TH embossing folder-Sizzix

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fabby card Rebecca!! and cheers for the link!! Will be adding you to my roll!