December 21, 2013

Vintage Stars Card for Unscripted Sketches #236

I decided to do a mixed media card this week; this sketch offered so many options that it stumped me for quite a while!  I was working on a mixed media journal swap so I went with a mixed media card too!

RebeccaEdnie236

The stars are shimmerier IRL because I added mica powder called Pearl Ex (like Perfect Pearls without the binder) to my homemade texture paste. Recipe courtesy Gabriella Pollacco. But it’s very fine so comes across as brown in the photo. I was going to go with a cleaner more elegant style until I noticed that the music and measuring tapes matches so well  but once I added them I realized it was definitely a shabby/vintage look, not a clean/elegant one.

vintage stars2

Then I created a dense cluster of embellies all with a fun, eclectic, vintage vibe. Lastly I added the gold swirlies and sequins. The teal in the bottom paper is foiled so it adds lots of shine! The background paper I added the texture paste too was white but I airbrushed it so it fit better with the vintage style. I ADORE that Copic airbrush system!

un sc sk236

Over the holidays, we will still be here! So come and play this week’s sketch! Can’t play? Check out our blogs and leave us some lovin’! Can’t play this week? Maybe next week! Kids or your spouse being home from work or school driving you crazy? Seek solace in your craft room and join us at UNSCRIPTED SKETCHES!! Have a safe and happy Winter Season with Family and Friends!!

Enjoy, Rebecca

for recipe, please email me with specific questions.

No comments: