January 18, 2014

Bracelet Card for Unscripted Sketches #240

I finally found a sketch where I could combine my love of jewellery making and my design team sketch!

RebeccaEdnie240

I used Memory wire and many types of glass, crystal and stone beads and pearls to make this bracelet. I had a general pattern to work with but it is pretty much random. I started with the largest heart beads and laid them out red, white, red… Then I filled in with the next largest beads. I didn’t use a bead board and didn’t make an effort to keep the beads in order thus the randomness. I just made sure that each type of bead had the same number placed between each large heart-shaped bead; some just one and others 2.

240

When it came time to string them, I just grabbed them and added them, again, no order. I used pink cat’s eye, pink and white pearls, large white and gold lamp work beads, pink glass lentil beads, small red hearts, medium pink quartz beads, large pink Czech crystals and a couple others. It’s very hard to see but if you enlarge the photo, you might be able to see that the dangle on the end of the bracelet is made with a heart-shaped head pin I made Cute huh? To support the weight of the bracelet, I reinforced the panel with cereal box board and the card does stand quite well!

Adding the ribbon was a bit of a trick. I wanted the ribbon to hold hte weight of the bracelet but not dig into the panel’s sides and not droop. The side pieces are faux, the don’t connect to the bow. The bow ribbon is first attached through a hole in the reinforced panel and pops through then ties around the bracelet. Just untie to release the bracelet. If you retie the bow, the card might look a bit empty but it would hide the hole so still look nice! The hearts are a die cut covered in EP.

I’m so excited so many of you played our sketch last week! Please keep it up! I can’t wait to see what you do with this week’s sketch at Unscripted Sketches. This is a perfect one for people who like to colour because you can play with the proportions like I did to make it a focal sized panel but it also works great for a focal sentiment or photo for scrappers! The sky’s the limit!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Bracelet: beads-various sources including ebay, Beadalon

Card:
Paper: Fancy Pants DP, Bazzill CS, white CS for die cut, punching-scrap
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: gold EP-SU!, die-Memory Box, ribbon-SU!, hole punch-WRMK

No comments: