December 03, 2014

17th Anniversary Card for Hubby

I am not a huge fan on making cards appropriate for guys. Over the years, I’ve subjected hubby to some too girlie cards so I try my best to keep it guy-ish.

nuts about you card

This started with some basic stamping but I added some pencil crayon to shade it. It’s hard to see but each leaf has some shading and I added quite a bit of detail to the squirrel. The top layer is cut away on the side; the gingham is fabric tape stuck to the inside of the card. The sentiment panel overhangs the edge. I should have taken a side shot now that I think about it. I had to add just a bit more so there are a few sequins and Wink Of Stella Pen on the leaves. It’s very subtle so I figured I could get away with it.

I can’t believe that it’s been 17 years already! WOW!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Simon Says Stamp
Ink: sorry, I can’t remember!Versamark
Paper: SSS kit
Accessories: Lawn Fawn sequins, Hero Arts white EP, fabric tape?, Prismacolour Pencils

No comments: