March 15, 2015

Runway Inspired Card with Smooshing

I was inspired by the most beautiful dress on the Runway Inspired blog. It reminded me of the rose gold Pearl Ex have had for so very long but never used.

rose gold love this card

I started with a 4x5.5” panel of watercolour paper. I smooshed it in a combination of pink watercolour paint and gold pearlescent watercolour paint. Shame it doesn’t show up more but it’s the perfect colour. Then I stencilled on some transparent embossing paste mixed with rose gold Pearl Ex using a diagonal line stencil. It looks so pretty. I’m amazed my picture shows it off at all! Then I die cut a piece of white cardstock covered in Scor-Tape. Next time I will try the new Ken Oliver thin adhesive and or thinner cardstock because it took me ages to get through both thick layers and the backing paper.

oscar

I mounted the panel to a pink card base with gold glitter tape on one side then covered the die cut liberally with warm micro fine glitter and burnished it well. I mounted it on foam dots, leaving a couple of leaves adhered to the background directly and a few with a double layer. This gives it a more realistic feel than if it was all on one layer. Last but not least was the gold embossed sentiment and a few sequins.

I’m entering this in the Runway Inspired challenge.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
SSS Love This
Ink: versamark
Paper: Windsor and Newton watercolour paper, blush CS-PTI
Accessories: gold EP-SU!, clear sequins-Pretty Pink Posh, W&N paint, Niji pearlescent paints, Wendy Vecchi translucent embossing paste, rose gold pearl ex

No comments: