March 15, 2015

Watercolour Smooshing for Make It Monday

rainbow smoosh

I have to be honest, I prefer this technique with Distress inks but it was fun using some bright new colours. I’ve actually been doing this technique for a long time as it’s pretty much the same as Tim Holtz’ no wrinkle distress technique. I tried it on regular card stock and I’ve got to tell you, I didn’t like the result. The paper was all bumpy and yucky. No idea why, I used good cardstock!

I placed this panel on a hibiscus burst notecard which you can’t tell from the front view. I forgot to take a side view. It’s quite a fun surprise when you open it! To get the gold edges without using a big piece of pricey gold paper, I used a gold paint pen on the edges of the card base (disguising the bright pink from the front) and on the white panel under the aqua mist panel. It’s hard from this view to even see that it’s another panel and not just a gold edge on the aqua one but trust me ;)

I’m entering this in Make It Monday.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Thanks all Ways-PTI
Ink: hibiscus, melon berry, harvest moon, blueberry sky, winter wisteria-PTI, certainly celery-PTI, versamark
Paper: W&N watercolour paper, white, aqua, hibiscus CS-PTI
Accessories: Krylon gold paint pen

1 comment:

Clare said...

This is gorgeous, I love the gold with the watercolor!