January 09, 2016

Springy Thank You Card

So sometimes I refer to my style as ‘simple shabby’. I just don’t use as many layers as other shabby chic card artists like say Melissa Frances, Melissa Phillips or Beatriz Jennings.  Even when I add lots of embellishments, there still aren’t to many layers of paper. This is exactly the type of card I have in mind when I say simple shabby.

spring shabby ty

So this is my shabby version of Clean and Simple! I do actual lean and simple once in a while but I’m not super good at it. The closest I get is either this or freestyle collage. Isn’t this sentiment gorgeous? I could use it on 100 cards and never get tired of it. It’s by Impression Obsession. The paper is by Webster’s pages, a really old collection.

Enjoy, Rebecca

Entered In: Mojo Monday

Mojo429

1 comment:

Crafting with Jeanne said...

Hi Rebecca, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your scope today and I'm glad I "found" you. Today's card is very nice looking. I have only been making cards for about 2 years although I have crafted all my life. I am just starting to understand the different styles of paper crafting, like CAS and shabby, etc. It's confusing b/c people interpret those catagories their own way, right? LOL I have that THANK YOU die too. AND I LOVE IT TOO!