March 04, 2016

Paris Mixed Media Canvas

Ever dream about a romantic, exotic, far away place? Ahhh…

PARIS canvas

I know I do! It’s been so long since I was on vacation I’d go almost anywhere! I bought the fabric with the Eiffel Tower on it to make a wine tote for my sister for her anniversary. I saved a panel to use on this canvas. The base canvas is covered in Tim Holtz tissue paper which I applied with gel medium. Then I added some spray inks, acrylic paints, lace and embossing paste (some tinted) through a couple of stencils. The flowers are some I’ve had since I went shopping for a girlfriend’s wedding and picked up a few flowers for myself; a blend of three colours of hollyhocks. The main stem was very heavy so I wired it to the canvas.

PARIS canvas2

The background papers are a mix of vintage music and book paper, scrapbooking papers and stickers plus some vintage reproduction images. On top of that I added some lace, ribbon, rhinestones, a broken pocket watch, a shaped wooden frame painted gold, a key, some motifs cut from the same fabric as the tower, a cameo and a chipboard piece covered in Liquid Pearls. Because the top of the Eiffel tower was so tiny and hard to cut from the fabric, I replaced the top with a pearl pin. Finally, I added a few stamped postmarks.

Enjoy, Rebecca

Entered In: SSS Monday Leap into the Unknown I’ve never been to Europe at all never mind Paris so I think this counts.

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Beautiful. HOPE you get a vacation soon! :-)

Marie Nicole said...

What an absolutely lovely canvas! The flowers with the Paris theme is beautiful! You may be eligible to enter this art in Canvas Corp's challenge! Check it out if you would like:) http://blog.canvascorpbrands.com/joys-of-spring-challenge/

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your fabulous canvas. Those embellishments are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

maria f. said...

What a lovely project. Here's to vacation!

Marie/Mison said...

Like a lot! Thank you for participating in the Canvas Corp Brands Challenge this month!

jorunn`s Fristed said...

Oi .. This was incredibly amazing. Thank you for joined the challenge to Canvas Corp Brands. Hugs Jorunn

Nancy Wethington said...

So pretty!