July 30, 2016

Ocean Waves Card

ETA: I had trouble with my computer a couple of weeks ago and didn’t get a chance to post this here on my blog. The challenge is over sadly but I thought you might still like to see this card.

I ADORE the beach and anything ocean or nautical themed. I wish I could live near the beach (especially if some magic could remove the big, dangerous storms!). I’d be out there all the time painting and playing with my kids.

ocean waves

So when I saw last month’s Hero Arts card kit, I was so happy! It includes such gorgeous layering images! And there are matching dies too. Yeah! For this card, I used various company’s inks to get a very ethereal quality. I’ll be honest, I was inspired to make this card after seeing a card by Veronica Zalis. But I do think it ended up different enough to call my own. My favourite inks I used were the Sea Glass and Dusk, one used on the first layer and one on the second. I tried using the middle colour that’s between these two, Ocean Waves, but it was too bright. Inking the stamps with the two I used worked much better for the soft look I was going for.

The background was stamped with schools of fish using a stamp from the set and the words were sponged on through a stencil from Red Lead Paperworks. An oval was cut to use as a background and was sponged with two aqua colours, one more blue than the other for the ‘water’ and the ‘sand’ was sponged with kraft ink. Some sequins, pearls and rainstones add some sparkle and a few clear seed beads make up a stream of ‘bubbles’.

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: