July 23, 2016

Picnic Time!

No, not for teddy bears though. Our challenge this week at Crazy 4 Challenges is to make a picnic themed card!

bbq sunshine picnic card

I have a picnic stamp set but I used it recently so I had to figure out what to do instead. I have this bbq die (Memory Box) that I used for some invitations to my (usually) yearly BBQ a while back so I pulled it out again. But by itself, it’s pretty boring so I stamped it in white cardstock so I could colour it with Copics, then built a little scene around it. The grass border (Memory Box) and the fence (PTI) held round out the backyard. I adhered it all to a piece of American Crafts paper so I wouldn’t have to piece the sun and cloud. I find it hard to use sheets of paper that really look best when not cut up so I was happy to be able to use this one.

I hope you can find a few minutes out of your summertime fun to play with our challenge this week. With temperatures reaching record highs in some places, including here in Southern Ontario, maybe inside is cooler than out especially if you have air con or a good cross breeze.

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: