August 13, 2016

It’s Back to School Time!

Where on earth has more than half of the summer gone? We haven’t found time to do most of the things we want to!
school supplies card
This week the theme for Crazy 4 Challenges is to make a school-themed card or project. I used some office themed paper from October Afternoon called 9to 5. Despite not being school-themed, I thought it worked out very well. Office supplies and school supplies do overlap in almost every way. I cut most of the paper by hand but the circle was cut with Spellbinder’s Triple Tear die set. The black circles in the top corner look like brads right? Nope! They are made with black glossy accents. I forget what the correct name of the product is but it’s really cool! I’m still not sure how I managed to get them evenly sized and spaced!
The image (Graphic 45) is stamped on kraft and coloured with coloured pencils. After colouring, I added the black lines back in with a pen. I used my MISTI to stamp the image and if I’d been smart, I’d have left the stamp in the MISTI and simply re-stamped it to darken the lines. I don’t use coloured pencils much though and I’d already removed my stamp and cleaned it by the time I had that idea. Boo.
Please join us this week for this awesomely fun challenge! You have until Friday night to play along! You could make a card for a teacher or an encouraging one for back to school for your kids! And don’t forget other teachers like coaches and tutors!
Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: