September 26, 2016

Smile Balloon Card

This week our challenge on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog was to make a birthday card. Well, as many of you know, I don’t celebrate birthdays because of my religion. So I made a happy and fun celebration type card and called it close enough!

smile balloon card

I used the FUSION challenge as inspiration. I love pink and turquoise together and I love pops of metallic colours especially gold. So it seemed like this challenge was made for me! I used two shades each of pink and turquoise ink along gold embossing all using Confetti Toss stamp set (PTI).

The balloon shaker and some of the contents were all cut using PTI balloon shaker dies. I also added some Lucy’s Little Things sequins inside which makes for a fun mix. Using some paper filler for shakers not only gives some variety to your shakers but also saves you some money and uses up some scraps! For final touches I added a Smile die cut, ribbon to suit the sketch, some puffy stickers that were included in the latest SSS card kit and some Wink of Stella glitter pen on the smile and the balloon frame. The puffy stickers look so cute don’t they?

Enjoy, Rebecca

Entered In: Fusion Birthday Bash

New Banner-017

2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Such a pretty card! Love the sparkle and shine! Shaker cards are such fun! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

Lyndal said...

FABulous shaker card Rebecca! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!