October 28, 2016

Elegant Floral Frame Card

Our challenge this week is one of most interesting I’ve come across in a long time! We were asked to use the initials of our names and come up with supplies to use that start with those letters!

rose frame congrats

My full name is Rebecca Jennifer Menzies Ednie which gave me 4 letters to work with. So the supplies I decided on are rose (the colour and the flower), rectangle, evergreen (one of the leaf ink colours), ebony (black for the sentiment), embellishment, metallic and embossing. I didn’t come up with anything for the J though. Overall, I had a lot of fun brainstorming for supplies to go with my letters. It helped that I had a list of a lot of my supplies in my database program on my phone and I also used my catalogue of ink colours I made last week. For more info on either organizing technique, leave me a comment below.

rose frame congrats2

It’s hard to see in the full on photos but I added some embossing to the corner of the card which has to be the cheapest embellishment ever! Yeah! And it worked perfectly for the sketch. I had to light it differently to get it to show up.

I am excited to see all the cards the team have made aren’t you? Head on over to the C4C blog and check them out! I hope you can find time to play along with our challenge this week.

Enjoy, Rebecca

Entered In: Mojo Monday471, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes

mojo471

2 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Rebecca, the roses are beautiful and I love the embossed corner, what a lovely detail. the whole design of this is stunning! LOVE it :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Contagiously Crafty said...

Simply beautiful card. So glad to have found you through Simon Says Stamp's challenge.