October 16, 2016

Flower Window Shaker Card

I gotta tell you, when I first saw this sketch, I was thinking, ‘Oh nuts, what am I going to do with this one!’ But once I figured it out, I LOVED it!

persian shaker

I used my brand new Altenew Persian Motifs stamp set and dies which I’ve been wanting for ages! It was embossed with gold powder on water colour paper. I’m not the best colour mixologist when it comes to watercolour so I decided to use inks to watercolour. I recently indexed a lot of my colours. I did about 2/3 of them I’m guessing and I’m already up to 170! What? I had no idea I had that many inks! I still have some Distress inks, 48 colours of Stampin’ Up! pads (for 24 of them I have minis too!) and a bunch of other odd pads from different companies.

C4C358Sketch

The reason I tell you this is because 1. It made it sooo easy to find the colours I needed for watercolouring and 2. You have got to try this! I bought some small coin storage books and cut the little paper squares myself. It made a very cheap and easy system. I bought 2 books that have 120 little pockets and if I index all my inks I will probably run out of space! I did not anticipate that!

Back to the card. I used a mix of sequins from Ellen Hutson, Lucy’s Little Things and Theresa Collins along with some Martha Stewart micro beads in copper – but they look gold to me. Under the flower is some gold messy thread and a white Spellbinders die cut covered in gold leafing paint. Tucked under that is a teeny scrap of pink music paper, along with the other patterned paper, by My Mind’s Eye. I love that paper and I vow to use every. single. scrap!

I know this sketch is so fun you will want to join us! Be sure to link your card up to the Crazy 4 Challenges blog by Friday evening!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: