December 10, 2016

Our Last Challenge of the Year!

We are looking back at this year’s sketches from Crazy 4 Challenges. I chose our sketch from challenge number 354.

floral tea cup

I just got my latest order from Altenew today. It included both of the sets you see here: Vintage Teacup and Vintage Flowers. Can I just say how much I love them both? It took me ages to try out all the flowers as they each have up to 4! layers! I die cut them all then place a piece of typing paper under the negative piece. I then stamp each image on the typing paper so I have a record of which die goes in each place. It helps me line them up faster from then on. And if I want to make multiples, I have a way to place the die cuts in the same place each time.

C4C354Sketch

While using the tea cup set, I learned a few things. Next time, I don’t think I will use the gold rim stamps with the polka dot ones. The gold rim goes better with the small flowers. I wanted to try the polka dots out so I’d have come contrast with all the flowers. But hey, can you ever have too many flowers on a card?? ha ha! You can find all 11 sketches over at the blog. I know it’s a busy time for most people but if you are still making cards, maybe thank you’s for after the holidays or hostess cards, try out one of our sketches!

Enjoy, Rebecca

1 comment:

Arianna Barbara said...

So lovely!!!