January 28, 2017

Squirrel and Leaves Thank You Card

Welcome to another week at Crazy 4 Challenges! I apologize for missing posting my card here on the blog last week but it was up on the C4C blog so you can take a peek at least week if you wish!

c4c squirrel ty

This week our challenge was to use a squirrel or other small critter on our cards. Apparently  one day last week was Squirrel Appreciation Day or something like that! What!!! Seriously!!??!! That is nuts! (haha yes, pun intended) So I pulled out an older SSS card kit and a stencil and whipped up this card. Um, not!! I am the slowest crafter ever. Between messing up a few times and losing my nut (yep, I lost the first acorn sticker that I pulled from the package), it seemed to take forever!

c4c squirrel ty2

For the  background, I chose 2 coordinating shades of yellow and aqua,  brown and copper and set out to sponge my ivory paper.  I randomly added the lightest colours then shaded each section with the deeper colours. At first I intended to only use the copper as an accent over the brown but I though it looked so nice that I added a bit over almost all the other areas to add some warm shimmer. It’s a real shame it doesn’t show up in the photo. The yellow banner was ombre sponged (although it’s hard to see that now with the other stuff on top) then I dried it and clear embossed some small leaf and branch images. For the squirrel’s eye I added a tiny drop of black Enamel Accents. He is popped up with foam dots to help the acorn sit nicely under his paw so it looks like he is holding it.

I hope you can find a squirrel or other small critter in your stash so you can play with us this week! We are always encouraged when you find some time to play along! See you there.

Enjoy, Rebecca

1 comment:

Lisa Lara said...

WOW, Rebecca, absolutely stunning background.