April 01, 2017

Rainbow Hugs!

Sounds pretty good right although I can’t exactly picture what that would look like. Oh I know, like this…

c4c rainbow hugs shaker

Our challenge today at Crazy 4 Challenges was to use rainbows! Or just use a lot of colours. When I read that, I thought of my youngest 2 son’s kindergarten teacher. Did I ever tell you about her? I once asked her what her favourite colour was as I planned to make her a bracelet for a gift. (I didn’t tell her why though.) She told me it was rainbows! Isn’t that the cutest thing ever? So perfect for her job right? Anyway, this may be her end of the year card instead of a traditional teacher card. I’m sure they get so bored of those. BTW, she loves the bracelet I made her with rainbow crystals and it’s her favourite still, 5 years later!

I used  Becca Feeken die by Spellbinders for the main shaker area. Doesn’t it cut out a lovely cathedral-like window? I have lots of plans for this die. I love that it comes as just the cutouts because that gives so much more versatility for anyone with circle dies. You can leave it as is or cut it out to make a medallion or even cut it out with a fancy circle or square die. The set comes with a fancy square die to cut it out too.

The background is blended with various Distress and PTI inks to make a soft pastel rainbow. The card base is stamped with PTI Newsprint stamps again in rainbow colours. It’s a bit hard to see with all of the sequins but it helps fill in the background a bit. I used sequins from Lucy’s Little Things, the dollar store and Etsy. I probably pulled from 8 or more of my little storage bins! This would be a great way to use up some odd sequins.

I hope you can come by and play along with our team. We have quite a few new members who would love a welcome and now there is a ton more inspiration for you to enjoy!

Enjoy, Rebecca

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Rebecca love your shaker rainbow card!

Lori Anderson said...

That is SUCH a pretty card. I love cards, started my business first by using vintage buttons, wallpapers, and fabrics to make cards, then fell into jewelry. I keep every card I get, too!

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

I love your take on the rainbow challenge! I need to make more shaker cards.