July 15, 2017

Congratulations Wedding Shaker

Shakers are all the rage and I can’t seem to stop making them!! Have you made any yet? If not, you have to try them! They are super fun to both the making and the playing! I keep mine for a couple days before making so my 5 year old son, Teddy, and I can play with them! He’s completely enamoured with all my interactive cards.

SCS 01 congrats wm

Do you even find you have a piece of patterned paper (My Mind’s Eye-Fancy That) that is so lovely you can’t bear to cut it up? I find that to be true often when a paper has a border or is a full-sheet design rather than a repeating pattern. The gold dots around the edges of this piece were so pretty, I couldn’t bear to cut it small enough for an A2 card so this card is a whopping 6x6”! Yes, you will have to buy oversized envelopes or make them yourself. But I think it’s worth it!

TIP: One way to mail an oversized card without buying or making special envelopes is to wrap it in tissue, add some washi tape, a pretty tag or an embellishment then mail it in a plain white 9x12” envelope cut down to size.

Instead of building from the bottom up to make my shaker, I decided to work from the top down. That way my shaker’s edges are hidden under the gold striped paper. This is an elegant way to create a shaker especially if you find you have trouble getting the layers to align and look neat. My paper was cut with an oval nesting die (Spellbinders) to create a frame for my shaker then the acetate was adhered to the back of the frame. You don’t need as much adhesive for this layer as there won’t be any sequins trying to escape! To make things easier, I used the nesting dies to cut fun foam Strong adhesive was added to the fun foam on both sides. I placed the fun foam on a scrap of a quilt patterned paper then added my sequins. Finally I placed it altogether!

Love this card? Be sure to Pin or Share!

With so many sequins, all this card needed was a layered black sparkly die cut sentiment (Simon Says Stamp/Wink of Stella) and a silk ribbon (May Arts) bow. I haven’t given this one away yet because I’m still busy playing with it there haven’t been any weddings or anniversaries yet but I hope the happy couple will love this card!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: