July 01, 2017

Safari Stuffed Animal Baby Gifts

I know, that’s an odd title right? Our challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges this week was to be inspired by something in a park. I like to think outside the box on these challenges sometimes so I went past the typical neighbourhood park like the ones around my house. Then I thought about a safari park. And the stamp set I only used once, Wild Cuddly Critters!

c4c baby animal stuffies

This card is mostly one layer. I was going to tie some ribbon around the card below the sentiment but the outside had to stay pretty plain because of how I decorated the inside…

IMG_4914

So cute right? I wanted it to look like a baby room but still allow the critters to  take center stage. So I stamped the furniture in kraft so it faded into the background. Did you notice how I made them look like gifts? The giraffe has a bow, the elephant a tag and the lion is sitting in crumpled tissue like he came out of a gift bag. The patterned paper was added as a rug and that’s where I will add my message.

c4c baby animal stuffies closeup tabs

I know there are many dies out there that allow you to make pop up cards, I even have some. But it’s also pretty easy to make some small tabs to create a pop up without any dies! It also means you don’t have to use two layers to make your card because there are no cuts through to the front of your card base.

Is this a long weekend for you? If so, you have some more time to play along this weekend! Hope you will join us!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: