July 15, 2017

Summer Hello

I can’t believe I waited so long to use this awesome new card kit from Simon Says Stamp. Anything beachy or ocean themed is my favourite! I might even do my own version of 1 kit 10 cards! I’ve got 2 so far!

c4c hello summer

I made this card using sketch for this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges. There’s one paper in the kit with a lot of fun borders so I used them for the banners on the sketch. I am kind of allergic to making cards weighted to the right of the card, not sure why, so I moved the focal panel over.

The sentiment was stamped in Distress ink but to get enough coverage I had to stamp it three times. That was enough to make it bleed into the patterned paper which made the sentiment fuzzy. I tried to fix it with a Distress marker but ick, that didn’t look so hot either. Last ditch effort was to try to stamp over the whole mess and emboss the sentiment. I actually like the way the sentiment looks with the green popping out from under the gold.

When you make a card using this sketch, be sure to link it up over at the Crazy 4 Challenges blog!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: